Skip to main content

3 days away!!

I never thought I'd get through this long list of appts...

February 20th- Regular cleaning (with my regs dentist)
March 4th- Regular ortho appt
March 6th- Pre-Op appt with surgeon
March 10th- 2nd surgeon appt
March 14th- Ob/gyn
March 17th AM- Ortho
March 17th PM- Cavity filling
March 18th- Ortho
March 22nd- Eye doctor's appointment
March 24th- JAW SURGERY

But here we are.

Hospital called this morning to verify that I will need to report to the hospital at 5 a.m. for my 7:30 a.m. surgery time. 

DEEP BREATHS. I should have known my nerves would be this bad. Should have asked the surgeon for some anxiety meds, but I didn't want another reason to stop breastfeeding, lol.

Yes, I'm really nervous. Thankfully I'm going to be sooo super busy this weekend. My mom's coming over tonight to make sure I have everything packed that I need and take some supplies to her house where I will be staying for a few days.

Saturday I have an eye doctor appointment and a night out with the girls. Hibachi dinner! I can't wait!

Sunday is my father-in-law's bday celebration up north. Hopefully be home early so everyone gets a good night's rest (haha, right).

Then my mom will be over to take over Amelia duty around 4 a.m.! I'm sure it won't take us an hour to get there (probably like 30 min, lol), but I'm super early girl. Always. Unfortunately that means more time to be nervous. Ugh. I'll have my hubby there so hopefully he can talk me down, but that's unlikely. The lady from the hospital was SO NICE on the phone and told me that they try to do everything they can to make their jaw surgery patients at comfortable as possible including private rooms where Jonny could stay. So I'm hoping that happens.

I need to prepare everything for Amelia, too. Just bottles, but I know my mom can handle it. Just need to make sure she knows where everything is in my house for Monday/Tuesday, lol.

I'll leave you with a cutie pie pic! :) 3 more days!!!!!
.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

De-braced!

As of Tuesday- my braces are officially off! :) And let me tell you... I can't stop taking selfies!!! Just minutes after getting out of the orthodontist's office.  Everyone was so excited for me! It took approximately one minute to get them off. That's so crazy! Hurt a little bit, but not much and was sooo quick. Bye bye braces AND arch wire! YUP. You read that right! I don't need an arch wire on the roof of my mouth anymore! He said I should be fine without it!!! So right now I have NO metal in my mouth! *hallelujiah* I have my upper (plastic) retainer. It's amazing and beautiful. Can hardly tell I'm wearing it! I will have to wear both my retainers 24/7 (except for eating and brushing) for 4 months. That's like nothing, haha. I don't have my bottom retainer yet. He asked me if I'm okay with a regular (metal) one for the bottom. I don't even care, haha. So I will be getting that one next week. They said it might be hard to talk wit

I'm yellin' timber...

Honestly... every time I CROSS-OFF an appointment. I add another one. This is getting a little out of control. I thought everything went pretty well on Thursday, but then the resident called me on Friday night to say that we need to RE-DO my upper molds. Sigh. He said that he has NEVER had this happen before and no one really knows what happened? Whatevs. He was SUPER apologetic and says it'll only take a few min. I talked to him last night and he gave me his personal cellphone number and is having me call him when I get there so he can do it right away. He's really a nice guy. I can't be too mad because he's being super nice about it. Even saying I can park in the free lot since it's $5 usually to park in Oakland. Woot. I'm just thankful I can just pop over after work. I know some people travel super far for jaw surgery. Anyway here's my (hopefully final) updated appt schedule. February 20th- Regular cleaning (with my regs dentist) March 4th- Regul

Almost 5 months post-op!

WOW this year is just FLYING by. I have my rubber band back on. Tight ones this time. Not really a big deal. But that happened. Got my expander in place! It's really not as bad as I thought it would be. It doesn't affect my speaking AT ALL and it's super easy to keep clean because there's a lot of space above it. Here it is: No more big thick wire for me! My upper gums are still numb. It doesn't really affect me- I'm just concerned I'm not brushing at well as I used to. I'm trying. Thinking about rescheduling my dentist cleaning appt. I probably shouldn't though. Not sure when these braces are coming off.... I'll ask what the dentist office thinks. On that note I am SO unhappy with the color my upper teeth have become. A combination of bad enamel, too much coffee and braces. Not cool. Can't wait to get these stupid things off! My ortho keeps saying "it won't be long now!" I had 3 appts in a row and he was pretty positi