Skip to main content

Mardi Gras fun?

There's just not enough hours in the day anymore... Thankfully, our little one has been mostly sleeping through the night so I can go to bed at a normal hour... like 10 rather than 8:30... to get my precious sleep in.

It's only March 4th and I have YET AGAIN added ANOTHER dental appointment. And an eye doctor appointment for kicks... Here's ANOTHER updated appt. schedule. Kill me now.

February 20th- Regular cleaning (with my regs dentist)
March 4th- Regular ortho appt
March 11th 6th- Pre-Op appt with surgeon (Moved up for some reason related to the dental school where my surgeon is the Dean).
March 17th AM- Ortho is going to remove my wire for my dentist (at a different office, ugh.)
March 17th PM- Cavity filling
March 18th- Ortho to get wire back on and surgical hooks attached
March 21st- Call hospital to get exact surgery time
March 22nd- Eye doctor's appointment (yes- it was necessary)
March 24th- JAW SURGERY

Shut the front door. Too much to handle.

And the ortho put a SUPER heavy wire on my bottom brackets so they don't move. My teeth are definitely sore. He also said he will fix the gap in my front teeth after surgery-he doesn't want to mess with it right now because he wants to leave adequate space between teeth for the surgeon to work with. :) I'm totes okay with that, haha.

I'm not enjoying Mardi Gras so far! I am going to get some King Cake from the lunch room here shortly so that should make it better... that's if I can chew it! Ha! We should be getting some King Cake in the mail (yes, haha) from my cousins that live in New Orleans, too. They're awesome! I miss Mardi Gras. :( So glad I got to go and can't wait to take Amelia one day!

Happy Mardi Gras! [Looking forward to some fish frys!]

Comments

  1. Your pre pre op is already tomorrow thts amazing! I hope you update and let us know it goes! Mine isn't next week :) things are coming up so fast !! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I have no idea what to expect! I will definitely try and update tomorrow. It's going to be a long appointment though. She says she has me scheduled to arrive at 2:15 and then something else schedule at 3:00. I'm sure it will involve x-rays/molds/yada yada. I don't know why it's so early, but they always seem crazy busy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

De-braced!

As of Tuesday- my braces are officially off! :) And let me tell you... I can't stop taking selfies!!! Just minutes after getting out of the orthodontist's office.  Everyone was so excited for me! It took approximately one minute to get them off. That's so crazy! Hurt a little bit, but not much and was sooo quick. Bye bye braces AND arch wire! YUP. You read that right! I don't need an arch wire on the roof of my mouth anymore! He said I should be fine without it!!! So right now I have NO metal in my mouth! *hallelujiah* I have my upper (plastic) retainer. It's amazing and beautiful. Can hardly tell I'm wearing it! I will have to wear both my retainers 24/7 (except for eating and brushing) for 4 months. That's like nothing, haha. I don't have my bottom retainer yet. He asked me if I'm okay with a regular (metal) one for the bottom. I don't even care, haha. So I will be getting that one next week. They said it might be hard to talk wit

I'm yellin' timber...

Honestly... every time I CROSS-OFF an appointment. I add another one. This is getting a little out of control. I thought everything went pretty well on Thursday, but then the resident called me on Friday night to say that we need to RE-DO my upper molds. Sigh. He said that he has NEVER had this happen before and no one really knows what happened? Whatevs. He was SUPER apologetic and says it'll only take a few min. I talked to him last night and he gave me his personal cellphone number and is having me call him when I get there so he can do it right away. He's really a nice guy. I can't be too mad because he's being super nice about it. Even saying I can park in the free lot since it's $5 usually to park in Oakland. Woot. I'm just thankful I can just pop over after work. I know some people travel super far for jaw surgery. Anyway here's my (hopefully final) updated appt schedule. February 20th- Regular cleaning (with my regs dentist) March 4th- Regul

Almost 5 months post-op!

WOW this year is just FLYING by. I have my rubber band back on. Tight ones this time. Not really a big deal. But that happened. Got my expander in place! It's really not as bad as I thought it would be. It doesn't affect my speaking AT ALL and it's super easy to keep clean because there's a lot of space above it. Here it is: No more big thick wire for me! My upper gums are still numb. It doesn't really affect me- I'm just concerned I'm not brushing at well as I used to. I'm trying. Thinking about rescheduling my dentist cleaning appt. I probably shouldn't though. Not sure when these braces are coming off.... I'll ask what the dentist office thinks. On that note I am SO unhappy with the color my upper teeth have become. A combination of bad enamel, too much coffee and braces. Not cool. Can't wait to get these stupid things off! My ortho keeps saying "it won't be long now!" I had 3 appts in a row and he was pretty positi