Skip to main content

I'm yellin' timber...

Honestly... every time I CROSS-OFF an appointment. I add another one. This is getting a little out of control.

I thought everything went pretty well on Thursday, but then the resident called me on Friday night to say that we need to RE-DO my upper molds. Sigh. He said that he has NEVER had this happen before and no one really knows what happened? Whatevs. He was SUPER apologetic and says it'll only take a few min.

I talked to him last night and he gave me his personal cellphone number and is having me call him when I get there so he can do it right away. He's really a nice guy. I can't be too mad because he's being super nice about it. Even saying I can park in the free lot since it's $5 usually to park in Oakland. Woot. I'm just thankful I can just pop over after work. I know some people travel super far for jaw surgery.

Anyway here's my (hopefully final) updated appt schedule.

February 20th- Regular cleaning (with my regs dentist)
March 4th- Regular ortho appt
March 6th- Pre-Op appt with surgeon
March 10th- 2nd surgeon appt
March 17th AM- Ortho is going to remove my wire for my dentist (at a different office, ugh.)
March 17th PM- Cavity filling
March 18th- Ortho to get wire back on and surgical hooks attached
March 22nd- Eye doctor's appointment (yes- it was necessary)
March 24th- JAW SURGERY

And I'm still pretty nervous about this whole sinus thing. I've been taking the antibiotic and I took the sudafed twice, but it didn't seem to relieve any pressure. Ugh. So I may ask him for something stronger? If that exists. I also have to watch nursing compatibility.

Here's what my sis bought me yesterday!


Super excited! I think I can handle this a little more than the waterpik. 

That's all! Just wanted to air my grievances...

Comments

  1. I had double jaw surgery in mid-July of 2015, Dr. Ochs was my surgeon as well. Out of curiosity, who was the resident?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitlyn! Great to meet a fellow Dr. Ochs jaw surgery patient. :) Matthew Woodward was the resident I referenced in this blog post, but I think he left a few weeks after my surgery so I didn't see much of him after that. I 2 other guys that I talked with a lot , but I cannot remember their names lol. They were great too.

      Good luck with the rest of your recovery. Give it a good year!

      Delete
    2. I had quite a few as well. I mainly had Wes Parker, Dr.Humberger (I dont know his first name because I thought of hamburgers when he first introduced himself- but he was really nice and said he loved getting to witness my surgery) and Dr.Joseph Perrone, who was the chief resident. I hope you're recovering is still going well, even though you have a few months left. So happy I found your blog! I love hearing about others experiences with Dr.Ochs and from what I read, they're quite similar.

      Delete
    3. It's been almost 2 years since my sugery so that's probably why i can't remember the names, haha. I can't believe it's been that long almost. Time flies. Still one of the best decisions I have ever made. Dr Ochs was the best. If you have any other questions- feel free to email me! Lhs1183@gmail.com You had Dr Ochs though and are pretty far into your recovery so I assume you're pretty good by now lol.

      Delete
  2. I guess that's true haha. I was thinking it was this year because I just discovered it and had mine almost 6 months ago. And yes, I am doing pretty good, the right Sadie of my jaw is still sore sometimes though when I yawn or just open my mouth too far. I have exercises, I'm probably just not the best at regularly doing those exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess that's true haha. I was thinking it was this year because I just discovered it and had mine almost 6 months ago. And yes, I am doing pretty good, the right Sadie of my jaw is still sore sometimes though when I yawn or just open my mouth too far. I have exercises, I'm probably just not the best at regularly doing those exercises.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

De-braced!

As of Tuesday- my braces are officially off! :) And let me tell you... I can't stop taking selfies!!! Just minutes after getting out of the orthodontist's office.  Everyone was so excited for me! It took approximately one minute to get them off. That's so crazy! Hurt a little bit, but not much and was sooo quick. Bye bye braces AND arch wire! YUP. You read that right! I don't need an arch wire on the roof of my mouth anymore! He said I should be fine without it!!! So right now I have NO metal in my mouth! *hallelujiah* I have my upper (plastic) retainer. It's amazing and beautiful. Can hardly tell I'm wearing it! I will have to wear both my retainers 24/7 (except for eating and brushing) for 4 months. That's like nothing, haha. I don't have my bottom retainer yet. He asked me if I'm okay with a regular (metal) one for the bottom. I don't even care, haha. So I will be getting that one next week. They said it might be hard to talk wit

Almost 5 months post-op!

WOW this year is just FLYING by. I have my rubber band back on. Tight ones this time. Not really a big deal. But that happened. Got my expander in place! It's really not as bad as I thought it would be. It doesn't affect my speaking AT ALL and it's super easy to keep clean because there's a lot of space above it. Here it is: No more big thick wire for me! My upper gums are still numb. It doesn't really affect me- I'm just concerned I'm not brushing at well as I used to. I'm trying. Thinking about rescheduling my dentist cleaning appt. I probably shouldn't though. Not sure when these braces are coming off.... I'll ask what the dentist office thinks. On that note I am SO unhappy with the color my upper teeth have become. A combination of bad enamel, too much coffee and braces. Not cool. Can't wait to get these stupid things off! My ortho keeps saying "it won't be long now!" I had 3 appts in a row and he was pretty positi