Skip to main content

Day 17: Back to work!

So this day has not been great. I know I made this decision to go back to work, but I'm regretting it. I'm just so tired. Luckily, Amelia gave Jon and I some GREAT sleep last night. She has been battling an ear infection since Friday. No one has really slept since then. =\ The only sleep I was getting was after Jonny and Amelia left for the day. Yesterday my mom came over to help, but I'm mostly on my own these days. Last night Amelia slept from 7-10 and then woke up once. Then again at 1 am. But then she slept until 5:30 which was pretty amazing for her. That's what time I had to be up anyway. Yay.

Overall, I'm just frustrated. I felt pretty great on Monday. But yesterday and today were pretty sucky. I feel like I'm back pedaling.

Some things that are making me angry:

  • My swelling has actually INCREASED in the past 2 days. I look like a serious chipmunk. I'm hoping it'll go away and it's not because of some crazy infection or something. It really makes me want to cry. I'm thinking it may be because I don't wear the jaw bra during the day anymore. Or because I'm sleeping on my side. But I don't think that's the case. It just makes me really angry. 
  • I have a head cold. I hope that's all it is. Jon has it, too. And Amelia of course. My nose is stuffy/runny and it makes my throat hurt in the morning. I've been blowing my nose lightly since I can do that now. It helps. 
  • I get these sharp pains across my cheeks and upper lips from what I'm assuming is nerve regeneration. So I know it's a good thing, but it's really annoying when I'm trying to sleep. 
  • I'm still taking regular tylenol almost daily for soreness. With the feeling coming back into my jaw- it definitely aches all day & night. 
  • I'm hoping this is temporary, but the left side of my upper lip is like dead. When I smile it refuses to follow suit. It's kind of amusing, but today it's just not making me happy. (See photo below)
Back to work photo op!
Work isn't too bad, I don't do much. Just sit behind a computer and avoid talking to too many people. But I'm just tired and want this swelling to get out the way. Someone who I don't really talk to (or even like for that matter) asked me if I got my wisdom teeth out. (Without saying anything to her first.) So my swelling is pretty obvious. :(

Breastfeeding update: I still pump once per day and get a couple of ounces, plus I'm nursing her to sleep (which helps her sleep better) and nursing her in the mornings. I don't think she gets much in the mornings but anything is better than none. She's been not taking the bottle lately because of the ear infection. Makes me so sad. Luckily she loves eating solids, so we sneak milk/formula in her food so make sure she's not getting dehydrated. She's a stinker, but I love her. I don't know how long I can keep up this random breastfeeding but I'm okay with pumping once per day. It's pretty awesome. Can't wait until it's zero times though. LOL

Amelia feeling a little better on Tuesday. 
Okay I will probs update again on Sunday for an early 3-week post. Maybe. Just blah. :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm yellin' timber...

Honestly... every time I CROSS-OFF an appointment. I add another one. This is getting a little out of control. I thought everything went pretty well on Thursday, but then the resident called me on Friday night to say that we need to RE-DO my upper molds. Sigh. He said that he has NEVER had this happen before and no one really knows what happened? Whatevs. He was SUPER apologetic and says it'll only take a few min. I talked to him last night and he gave me his personal cellphone number and is having me call him when I get there so he can do it right away. He's really a nice guy. I can't be too mad because he's being super nice about it. Even saying I can park in the free lot since it's $5 usually to park in Oakland. Woot. I'm just thankful I can just pop over after work. I know some people travel super far for jaw surgery. Anyway here's my (hopefully final) updated appt schedule. February 20th- Regular cleaning (with my regs dentist) March 4th- Regul

De-braced!

As of Tuesday- my braces are officially off! :) And let me tell you... I can't stop taking selfies!!! Just minutes after getting out of the orthodontist's office.  Everyone was so excited for me! It took approximately one minute to get them off. That's so crazy! Hurt a little bit, but not much and was sooo quick. Bye bye braces AND arch wire! YUP. You read that right! I don't need an arch wire on the roof of my mouth anymore! He said I should be fine without it!!! So right now I have NO metal in my mouth! *hallelujiah* I have my upper (plastic) retainer. It's amazing and beautiful. Can hardly tell I'm wearing it! I will have to wear both my retainers 24/7 (except for eating and brushing) for 4 months. That's like nothing, haha. I don't have my bottom retainer yet. He asked me if I'm okay with a regular (metal) one for the bottom. I don't even care, haha. So I will be getting that one next week. They said it might be hard to talk wit

1 YEAR POST OP

Well HEY! Nothing much has been happening with my mouth lately (WHICH IS GREAT!) so that's why I haven't updated or anything. But TODAY marks ONE YEAR since my jaw was broken in two places! Can't believe that I went though with it. It was honestly the best medical decision of my life (except for maybe my epidural HAHA). I wear my retainers in the evenings and all night. I see my orthodontist and my surgeon in April. I'm hoping I get the go ahead from my ortho to only wear to bed, but we'll see. I'm still extremely happy with my smile. There are tiny gaps in little places occurring but there's nothing I can do about those- says my ortho. Just normal movement. They don't bother me either. I still can't really feel my upper gums, but it doesn't bother me at all anymore. It's just weird sometimes. I love my smile! I wish I had more to say, but here's some photo spam instead. :P Me, TODAY. Loving life and my new smile!  Me