Skip to main content

Good news...

In approximately a month I will be getting my braces off!! Woohoo!! So much excitement. Ortho scheduled me for one more adjustment on the 14th and then let me schedule my de-bracing/retainer-fitting for October 28th! Exactly 2 years and 1 week from when I got them on!

Can you even believe it?! I can't! Here's a comparison photo. I can't believe how much the swelling has gone down!!! The doc said 6 months until the majority of the swelling is gone. And he was right... funny how doctors sometimes are... lol.


It probably helps that I've lost like 25 lbs though... hahaha. The tip of my nose still seems a little big bigger than I'd like, but I think that's more from them expanding that part of my face, not really from swelling. Even though it's bigger... I think it fits my face better. Everything looks a little more balanced because of it.



First one was the week I got braces on and the 2nd one is this week! SO AMAZING. I love that teeth actually fit together now!!!!!!! 

Right now I'm coaching my friend through her jaw surgery with the same surgeon. She's due to get hers in the beginning of November. It is just single jaw surgery, but that doesn't make it any less scary! It's crazy remembering all this stuff I went through, now it hardly seems like a big deal. The recovery was rough, but only for the first week or so. I think I've completely blocked out the memory of the splint. Cursed thing. 

Anyway that's my update. See you on the other side of bracefaceland!!!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De-braced!

As of Tuesday- my braces are officially off! :) And let me tell you... I can't stop taking selfies!!! Just minutes after getting out of the orthodontist's office.  Everyone was so excited for me! It took approximately one minute to get them off. That's so crazy! Hurt a little bit, but not much and was sooo quick. Bye bye braces AND arch wire! YUP. You read that right! I don't need an arch wire on the roof of my mouth anymore! He said I should be fine without it!!! So right now I have NO metal in my mouth! *hallelujiah* I have my upper (plastic) retainer. It's amazing and beautiful. Can hardly tell I'm wearing it! I will have to wear both my retainers 24/7 (except for eating and brushing) for 4 months. That's like nothing, haha. I don't have my bottom retainer yet. He asked me if I'm okay with a regular (metal) one for the bottom. I don't even care, haha. So I will be getting that one next week. They said it might be hard to talk wit

1 YEAR POST OP

Well HEY! Nothing much has been happening with my mouth lately (WHICH IS GREAT!) so that's why I haven't updated or anything. But TODAY marks ONE YEAR since my jaw was broken in two places! Can't believe that I went though with it. It was honestly the best medical decision of my life (except for maybe my epidural HAHA). I wear my retainers in the evenings and all night. I see my orthodontist and my surgeon in April. I'm hoping I get the go ahead from my ortho to only wear to bed, but we'll see. I'm still extremely happy with my smile. There are tiny gaps in little places occurring but there's nothing I can do about those- says my ortho. Just normal movement. They don't bother me either. I still can't really feel my upper gums, but it doesn't bother me at all anymore. It's just weird sometimes. I love my smile! I wish I had more to say, but here's some photo spam instead. :P Me, TODAY. Loving life and my new smile!  Me

Day 4

Today actually felt a little worse. I think that's because it was just me and my mom today. Jonny went back to work and Amelia went back to daycare. So I took a morning and late afternoon nap. I know it's probably a good thing, but it made me feel more tired. I even took a shower, that really used a ton of energy. And my skin feels more oily than before my shower. Really? So dumb. And I still cannot breathe outta my nose! I stopped using the intense nose spray from the hospital because it can cause more problems if you use it for too long. I just wanna breathe so badly! Saline nose spray helps for .5 seconds, but then it closes up again. I just wanna blow my nose, but I know that's a no-go. :( Food today- I had a ton if it! Scrambled eggs and cream of wheat for breakfast. Tomato soup with crackers for lunch (and pudding and a milkshake!) Dinner was chicken noodle soup with crackers and mashed potatoes and gravy. Yeah so not sure I'm gonna lose any weight here, lol.