Skip to main content

More of the same.

I've taken molds of my braces for the past 3 orthodontist appts straight. Very frustrating. He keeps saying- next month- next month. Argh. It's the new year and no surgery date yet.

And I was hoping for it to be February... but we haven't even scheduled it and and it's basically mid-January. I think I need to give work a little more notice. So annoying.

Last appt he said the spot where the surgeon would make the incision is ready. Awesome. Freaky.

Have another appointment on the 21st. Was hoping to hear from him before this... but to no avail. It's so weird that last June he was like- ya you're ready for surgery... and here we are in January and no news.

January 2014
October 2013
My gap seem a little more closed but it could just be the way I was smiling. Just ready to move on.

In other news- my little Amelia is going on 6 months old! I wanted to wait until she was 6 months old to have the surgery at least and I for sure got my wish. I'm super thankful for that! She's my everything. Hate leaving her everyday but i know she's in good hands at our daycare and with my mom. <3 

At the Christmas tree farm- (Google + Auto Awesome, lol. It's snooowing!)
And then there's this whole can I continue to breastfeed after surgery?! Will I have to pump & dump!? I think those are questions for my surgeon. Just depends on the medicines. I'd just like to sit down with him in general. Plus I don't even know if I'll feel up to pumping, breastfeeding, etc. But I will have to if I want to keep my supply up. I've got about 2 weeks worth of milk in the freezer. Hopefully that will be enough. I thought maybe she'd be weaned by now- but we both still love it! Why ruin a good thing?

Hoping all my questions, prayers will be answered soon. I'd also love it if the little one would sleep longer by herself- but that's a whole 'nother issue entirely. ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 YEAR POST OP

Well HEY! Nothing much has been happening with my mouth lately (WHICH IS GREAT!) so that's why I haven't updated or anything. But TODAY marks ONE YEAR since my jaw was broken in two places! Can't believe that I went though with it. It was honestly the best medical decision of my life (except for maybe my epidural HAHA). I wear my retainers in the evenings and all night. I see my orthodontist and my surgeon in April. I'm hoping I get the go ahead from my ortho to only wear to bed, but we'll see. I'm still extremely happy with my smile. There are tiny gaps in little places occurring but there's nothing I can do about those- says my ortho. Just normal movement. They don't bother me either. I still can't really feel my upper gums, but it doesn't bother me at all anymore. It's just weird sometimes. I love my smile! I wish I had more to say, but here's some photo spam instead. :P Me, TODAY. Loving life and my new smile!  Me...

I'm yellin' timber...

Honestly... every time I CROSS-OFF an appointment. I add another one. This is getting a little out of control. I thought everything went pretty well on Thursday, but then the resident called me on Friday night to say that we need to RE-DO my upper molds. Sigh. He said that he has NEVER had this happen before and no one really knows what happened? Whatevs. He was SUPER apologetic and says it'll only take a few min. I talked to him last night and he gave me his personal cellphone number and is having me call him when I get there so he can do it right away. He's really a nice guy. I can't be too mad because he's being super nice about it. Even saying I can park in the free lot since it's $5 usually to park in Oakland. Woot. I'm just thankful I can just pop over after work. I know some people travel super far for jaw surgery. Anyway here's my (hopefully final) updated appt schedule. February 20th- Regular cleaning (with my regs dentist) March 4th- Regul...

Almost 5 months post-op!

WOW this year is just FLYING by. I have my rubber band back on. Tight ones this time. Not really a big deal. But that happened. Got my expander in place! It's really not as bad as I thought it would be. It doesn't affect my speaking AT ALL and it's super easy to keep clean because there's a lot of space above it. Here it is: No more big thick wire for me! My upper gums are still numb. It doesn't really affect me- I'm just concerned I'm not brushing at well as I used to. I'm trying. Thinking about rescheduling my dentist cleaning appt. I probably shouldn't though. Not sure when these braces are coming off.... I'll ask what the dentist office thinks. On that note I am SO unhappy with the color my upper teeth have become. A combination of bad enamel, too much coffee and braces. Not cool. Can't wait to get these stupid things off! My ortho keeps saying "it won't be long now!" I had 3 appts in a row and he was pretty positi...