Skip to main content

DATE!!!!

I have a surgery date!!!!!!!

March 24th!!!!!

Can't believe it!!! I may throw up.

Also the receptionist couldn't find my charts (ha) but she was sure that we were just doing UPPER jaw surgery. That sounds fantastic because I'm hoping for a quicker recovery time.

Originally the surgeon had said upper, then I met with him face-to-face and he said double, but now it's just upper. Yay!

Pre-op appointment on March 11th! Oh my goodness. Amelia will be 8 months old! I'm glad. I feel a little more at ease about the whole thing since she will be a little older. I need to keep reminding myself that she won't remember this AT ALL. It is not going to affect her in the long run. She will still love me. LOL

Me- VERY happy to have an end date to this part of the process.

Comments

  1. Yay Larissa we are only a week apart!! So so so exciting! And our pre op is on the same day! We will have to swap stories about our experiences with it :) congrats on getting a date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's crazy! I will be looking to your blog the week in between them for some idea of what's in store!! But then I will actually have to go through it! Good luck to us both!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1 YEAR POST OP

Well HEY! Nothing much has been happening with my mouth lately (WHICH IS GREAT!) so that's why I haven't updated or anything. But TODAY marks ONE YEAR since my jaw was broken in two places! Can't believe that I went though with it. It was honestly the best medical decision of my life (except for maybe my epidural HAHA). I wear my retainers in the evenings and all night. I see my orthodontist and my surgeon in April. I'm hoping I get the go ahead from my ortho to only wear to bed, but we'll see. I'm still extremely happy with my smile. There are tiny gaps in little places occurring but there's nothing I can do about those- says my ortho. Just normal movement. They don't bother me either. I still can't really feel my upper gums, but it doesn't bother me at all anymore. It's just weird sometimes. I love my smile! I wish I had more to say, but here's some photo spam instead. :P Me, TODAY. Loving life and my new smile!  Me...

I'm yellin' timber...

Honestly... every time I CROSS-OFF an appointment. I add another one. This is getting a little out of control. I thought everything went pretty well on Thursday, but then the resident called me on Friday night to say that we need to RE-DO my upper molds. Sigh. He said that he has NEVER had this happen before and no one really knows what happened? Whatevs. He was SUPER apologetic and says it'll only take a few min. I talked to him last night and he gave me his personal cellphone number and is having me call him when I get there so he can do it right away. He's really a nice guy. I can't be too mad because he's being super nice about it. Even saying I can park in the free lot since it's $5 usually to park in Oakland. Woot. I'm just thankful I can just pop over after work. I know some people travel super far for jaw surgery. Anyway here's my (hopefully final) updated appt schedule. February 20th- Regular cleaning (with my regs dentist) March 4th- Regul...

Almost 5 months post-op!

WOW this year is just FLYING by. I have my rubber band back on. Tight ones this time. Not really a big deal. But that happened. Got my expander in place! It's really not as bad as I thought it would be. It doesn't affect my speaking AT ALL and it's super easy to keep clean because there's a lot of space above it. Here it is: No more big thick wire for me! My upper gums are still numb. It doesn't really affect me- I'm just concerned I'm not brushing at well as I used to. I'm trying. Thinking about rescheduling my dentist cleaning appt. I probably shouldn't though. Not sure when these braces are coming off.... I'll ask what the dentist office thinks. On that note I am SO unhappy with the color my upper teeth have become. A combination of bad enamel, too much coffee and braces. Not cool. Can't wait to get these stupid things off! My ortho keeps saying "it won't be long now!" I had 3 appts in a row and he was pretty positi...