Skip to main content

Braces photog!


So, I look a little drunk. Deal with it. ;) But my teeth do look a lot more level. The ortho wasn't lying today! :)

I'm not drunk fyi. Did have a little wine to go with our election-coverage watching. Which has been ruined mostly by the hubby intermittently playing Halo 4. CURSES! We definitely need to hook up another t.v. + cable before I get the surgery. lol

I've been reading a lot of Jaw Surgery blogs today. All the ones I've seen have already been completely and recovered. That gives me hope that I can get there one day. haha


Comparing. My one guy that likes to hide is already showing his face! Too bad he's stained. I'm getting very frustrated with all the stains on my teeth.

Anyway. I'm ending on a good note- my separated tooth doesn't hurt anymore! Just kind of feels like I have something stuck in between my teeth. Just an odd feeling haha.

That's all for today. I'm thinking I probably won't update this too much until the surgery is closer... but we'll see. It's easier for me to rant and rave on here than to anyone.  

P.S. Don't you think the photos look so much better in b/w? lol Teeth photos are gross.

Comments

  1. yes, b&w pics! like your blog ;) hope it helps you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1 YEAR POST OP

Well HEY! Nothing much has been happening with my mouth lately (WHICH IS GREAT!) so that's why I haven't updated or anything. But TODAY marks ONE YEAR since my jaw was broken in two places! Can't believe that I went though with it. It was honestly the best medical decision of my life (except for maybe my epidural HAHA). I wear my retainers in the evenings and all night. I see my orthodontist and my surgeon in April. I'm hoping I get the go ahead from my ortho to only wear to bed, but we'll see. I'm still extremely happy with my smile. There are tiny gaps in little places occurring but there's nothing I can do about those- says my ortho. Just normal movement. They don't bother me either. I still can't really feel my upper gums, but it doesn't bother me at all anymore. It's just weird sometimes. I love my smile! I wish I had more to say, but here's some photo spam instead. :P Me, TODAY. Loving life and my new smile!  Me...

I'm yellin' timber...

Honestly... every time I CROSS-OFF an appointment. I add another one. This is getting a little out of control. I thought everything went pretty well on Thursday, but then the resident called me on Friday night to say that we need to RE-DO my upper molds. Sigh. He said that he has NEVER had this happen before and no one really knows what happened? Whatevs. He was SUPER apologetic and says it'll only take a few min. I talked to him last night and he gave me his personal cellphone number and is having me call him when I get there so he can do it right away. He's really a nice guy. I can't be too mad because he's being super nice about it. Even saying I can park in the free lot since it's $5 usually to park in Oakland. Woot. I'm just thankful I can just pop over after work. I know some people travel super far for jaw surgery. Anyway here's my (hopefully final) updated appt schedule. February 20th- Regular cleaning (with my regs dentist) March 4th- Regul...

Almost 5 months post-op!

WOW this year is just FLYING by. I have my rubber band back on. Tight ones this time. Not really a big deal. But that happened. Got my expander in place! It's really not as bad as I thought it would be. It doesn't affect my speaking AT ALL and it's super easy to keep clean because there's a lot of space above it. Here it is: No more big thick wire for me! My upper gums are still numb. It doesn't really affect me- I'm just concerned I'm not brushing at well as I used to. I'm trying. Thinking about rescheduling my dentist cleaning appt. I probably shouldn't though. Not sure when these braces are coming off.... I'll ask what the dentist office thinks. On that note I am SO unhappy with the color my upper teeth have become. A combination of bad enamel, too much coffee and braces. Not cool. Can't wait to get these stupid things off! My ortho keeps saying "it won't be long now!" I had 3 appts in a row and he was pretty positi...