Skip to main content

Rubber Band Update!

Good news, bad news time.

The bad news is that the ortho assistant forgot to place the hooks on my teeth so I could make my mini-triangles with my rubber bands at night. There was a lot of phone tag (since my ortho was on vacation) and me forgetting to call back. He said to just stop wearing the bands until he can get in there and see if any damage had been done. It was 2 weeks between appts.

Good news time- I got into the office today and before the assistant could put the hooks on... Dr. Mortimer took a look and said that I don't have to wear them anymore! He said my teeth are looking perfect and the gap hasn't changed at all! Woohoo! I'm rubberbandless at all times now!

That's my update. I was just excited. I go back to the ortho on the 29th (MY BIRTHDAY) so I may update then! Or before! Who knows! I have 3 appts in a row (boooo spacers) so I'm not looking forward to it... =\

Yay no more bands!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm yellin' timber...

Honestly... every time I CROSS-OFF an appointment. I add another one. This is getting a little out of control. I thought everything went pretty well on Thursday, but then the resident called me on Friday night to say that we need to RE-DO my upper molds. Sigh. He said that he has NEVER had this happen before and no one really knows what happened? Whatevs. He was SUPER apologetic and says it'll only take a few min. I talked to him last night and he gave me his personal cellphone number and is having me call him when I get there so he can do it right away. He's really a nice guy. I can't be too mad because he's being super nice about it. Even saying I can park in the free lot since it's $5 usually to park in Oakland. Woot. I'm just thankful I can just pop over after work. I know some people travel super far for jaw surgery. Anyway here's my (hopefully final) updated appt schedule. February 20th- Regular cleaning (with my regs dentist) March 4th- Regul

Day 6

My set-up at my mom's. Vaporizer, for the win! This water bottle also has been amazing! So glad I got that and the jaw bra beforehand. They have both been lifesavers!  My parents and bff gave me the same get well card. Are they trying to tell me something? haha It was amusing. Yesterday was a great day! We had a full house at my mom's. My Uncle even dropped by.. even though it was just to have my dad help him buy movies off of his iPad, lol. My dad made me breakfast and lunch and my sister made me a banana-pineapple smoothie. It was bomb! I wish it weren't so cold or else I could go for more walks but it was a good day yesterday. Jon and the peanut came over, too and we had a ton of fun! I painted my nails rainbow (because I'm awesome) and Uncle Lou Lou played with Millie a lot. Driving in her favorite car! Getting fed by daddy. I miss feeding my baby girl. ;(  I had pureed spaghetti and meatballs for dinner! It's not much to look at, but oh man

Today!!!

T-4 hours until surgery time! Hubby is driving us to the hospital as we speak! He's a trooper. 4 a.m. Amelia was fit to be tied last night. She was screaming bloody murder while jonny was holding her. It's like she knew I was leaving. Would only calm down with me. So sleep hardly happened last night. I probably got about 4 good hours. Not ideal but what are you gonna do? Especially whenever I had to wake up at 3:15, lol. Okay I think hubby needs help figuring out what garage we're heading to... so this is the last post on this side of things! See ya on the other side! Not as nervous as I thought, but I'm sure there's still a ton of time for that! ;) The photo is me and a friend's newborn. Love him.